The past year was defined by progress and impact. We leaned into our client’s most pressing technical design challenges, exemplifying our Ownership Values of leadership, relationships, and results and our people-first business philosophy. Our focus continues to be what propels us forward—to advance the path to a more sustainable, carbon-neutral world.
- We unveiled our new brand identity anchored in the new tagline engineered for impact™ and advanced our position among the top AEC companies across North America.
- We welcomed a record number of new team members and bolstered our leadership team.
- We continued our merger philosophy and partnered with six like-minded firms, each with committed leaders who share our vision for the future, and bringing expanded capabilities, geographic reach, and expertise.
- We launched and completed major projects across North America, bringing innovative solutions to big challenges.
For our team, our projects, and our clients
Empowering our leaders and providing all team members with limitless growth opportunities
Early in the year we elevated an impressive group of senior leaders, advancing five leaders to the new role of senior managing principal to lead and establish the vision and strategic business plans for key operating groups and 11 new managing principals to oversee business operations, ensure successful client and partner relationships, and support critical company initiatives.
We also announced a record number of leadership recognitions, our annual celebration of team members who set themselves apart by contributing value while delivering quality outcomes and leading by example.
Senior Managing Principals
We engaged emerging professionals to explore careers in engineering and tech and fill our talent pipeline
- Recruited 125 early career candidates
- Hired 26% of interns and co-ops to full time roles
- Attended 52 college career events at key schools across the U.S. and Canada
- Hosted our second Career Pathways virtual conference, giving high school students from across North America the chance to interact with our professionals and explore a career in engineering and tech
As impact companies, we must see greater purpose of our work and stay dedicated to making decisions with the best interest of team members, customers, investors, and partners in mind, knowing financial success will follow.Darin AndersonChairman & CEO
Team members lent their voices and expertise to advance the AEC industry and client markets
- Tim Gilbert, PE, CxA, EMP, LEED AP BD+C was elected as board president for the Energy Management Association.
- Carl Salas, PE concluded his 25+ year tenure as Chairperson of the AEE International Awards Committee and received the AEE Distinguished Service Award at the 2023 AEE-World Conference.
- Grant Mitchell, PE was appointed president of the American Oil and Chemist Society.
- Marianna Moores, LEED AP BD+C, WELL-AP; Rick Humphries, PE; and Rob McKenna were invited to share ESG strategy insights at a recent Bank of America Sustainability Now panel.
- Bill Smith, PE, LEED AP and Alan Vanags, PE, LEED AP published the article “Solving Unique Engineering Challenges of University Research Facilities” in the November 2023 issue of High-Profile.
- Daniel Stadig, PE co-authored the article “BIM of Cold-Formed Steel Framing” in the August 2023 issue of STRUCTURE magazine.
- Misty Dupre, PE participated in Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s K-12 industry roundtable, lending insight on transformative trends and technologies.
- Richard Loveland, PE participated in Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s MEP roundtable, providing perspective on unique electrical and power considerations for higher education buildings.
- John Glenski, CPM published the article “How Battery Manufacturers are Adapting to a Changing Market” November 2023 issue of High Profile
- Matt Whitney and Kristin Hannah presented on “The Benefits and Challenges of the Collaborative for High Performing Schools Acoustical Performance Requirements in Colorado K–12 Schools” at the Acoustical Society of America’s national conference, and were published on the same topic in The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.
Pushing the boundaries of engineering and design for a more resilient and sustainable future
- We applied cutting-edge technologies for entertainment venues across the country to elevate audience experiences and bring our client’s visions to life.
- The MSG Sphere is a one-of-a-kind immersive venue that is revolutionizing the world of entertainment. In partnership with ArchKey, we developed audio and control processing for the Infrasound system which offers seat-specific and time-aligned haptic feedback.
- We helped leading higher education institutions advance their carbon elimination goals through renewable energy solutions, while achieving positive ROI.
- This future-focused work was highlighted in a New York Times article on the powerful impact of geoexchange solutions, including the positive outcomes being realized by a number of our clients—Princeton, Smith, Oberlin, Dartmouth, and Mount Holyoke—and with perspective from one of our leading experts Lindsey Olsen, PE, PMP.
- We bolstered our ESG consulting services, meeting our clients wherever they are in their ESG journey, from adopting the right strategy to implementing a plan that delivers on their unique goals.
- Our team provided sustainability consulting for Electric Owl Studios, the world’s first LEED®-certified film and TV studio campus in Atlanta, GA, committed to quality, community, and sustainability.
- We helped healthcare facilities move from fossil fuel-based technologies to more sustainable alternatives to leap forward in efficiency, cost savings, sustainability, and resilience.
- We are part of the EllisDon’s design-build team selected to construct the Surrey Hospital and BC Cancer Centre by the Fraser Health Authority, an ambitious, new, fully-electric facility in British Columbia that is positioned to transform healthcare in the region.
- We continued our proud history of space mission engineering support to ensure safe and successful human voyages into deep space.
- We provided comprehensive engineering services for the upgrades to Space Launch Complex 41 at Kennedy Space Center to accommodate the larger rocket and the new fuels for ULA’s Vulcan Centaur rocket.
- We applied technology and automation solutions to support the rapid transformation of the food and beverage manufacturing sector, boosting efficiency, quality, and safety, to benefit both consumers and manufacturers.
- We utilized simulation-led design and digital twins to help one multi-national consumer brands corporation streamline and standardize machine control methodology across their global manufacturing network.
- We served as an additional line of cybersecurity defense for our clients, providing their facilities and operations with critical protection from attack vectors.
- When a cyberattack shut down one confidential manufacturing client’s corporate IT systems and threatened operational shutdowns at two sites, our team was on-site within six hours. This responsiveness and unmatched expertise prevented the breach from spreading to the manufacturing network.
Delivering steady results year after year
Through prudent decision-making and a people-first philosophy, we’ve continued our impressive trajectory of growth, delivering record shareholder value and elevating our reputation as one of the best engineering and technical services firms in the world.
This position was further validated by the milestone announcement of our minority investment from leading private equity firm Blackstone, providing us with critical resources to continue our impact while remaining super-majority employee-owned.
Our future is very bright
To our team members, clients, and partners—thank you.