Shape your path forward
You want to make a difference and have a career with meaning. Whatever that looks like to you, Salas O’Brien provides you with the resources, support, and hands-on experience to achieve your goals.
You’ll work on exciting projects with leading experts and experience our values-driven culture, with our Ownership Values at the core of everything we do. We are committed to being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has an opportunity to thrive and grow.
Valuable internship and co-op opportunities
At Salas O’Brien, students get real world experience working on meaningful projects. We welcome over 100 interns and co-ops each year in roles across the company, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural engineering, sustainability, building science, finance, marketing, and more! Plus, you can apply any time throughout the year. Check out our Intern Q&A to hear from recent interns on how their experience at Salas O’Brien helped shape their career path.Apply for an internship or co-op
What can upcoming and recent graduates expect from their career with Salas O’Brien?
- Challenging and rewarding projects and initiatives
- Opportunities for flexible work (remote or hybrid, depending on role)
- Formal and informal mentorship opportunities
- Retirement plan and opportunities for employee-ownership
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans, including a $0 medical plan option for individuals
- Paid time off starting at 3 weeks per year, plus 10 paid holidays in the U.S. and Canada
- Continuing education through the Salas O’Brien Academy, including licensing support, PMP certification, and leadership development programs
- Involvement in social and community events and resource groups like Women of Impact and Pride for Impact
Career fair and recruiting events
Salas O’Brien regularly hits the road to find great talent. Check our schedule of events.View our schedule
When I started looking for an internship and full-time career, I knew I wanted a company that would challenge me, mentor me, and further the academic foundation I developed in college. I found all of that at Salas O’Brien. I work in a great environment, plus I get to work on some pretty cool projects. I’ve been here a year and can’t see myself doing anything else, anywhere else.Madelyn SturgeonEngineer
Right away, Salas O’Brien gave me the opportunity to further my knowledge and interest in building design. I’m getting hands-on experience with real projects and real clients and am learning from people who have been in the industry for decades.Justin CoarElectrical Designer
Salas O’Brien is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.