Bulley & Andrews
The Chicago Club
Salas O’Brien provided multi-faceted engineering services and other modern amenity designs for a renovated club located in Chicago, Illinois.
The Bulley & Andrews Construction Firm was founded in 1891 and has since evolved into a leading regional and national construction company. This company is headquartered in Chicago and is geographically situated and experienced to meet every scope of their clients’ needs with the best service and products, regardless of tight timelines. With Bulley & Andrews, clients’ visions and motivations are always met with the highest degree of responsibility, attention, and dedication.
Located at the corner of Van Buren Street and South Michigan Avenue, this historic 1929 building is one of the oldest executive clubs in Chicago. Our client wanted to take advantage of the club’s prime location on Michigan Avenue’s historic street-wall and renovate it to include several new features, including a 3,000-square-foot rooftop terrace. Our client needed a trustworthy engineering partner to oversee the design of this multi-phase project.
Our team met the challenge and provided all of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering design for this multi-phase renovation of the 1929 landmark Chicago Club. In line with our client’s goals, our design included a seasonal rooftop terrace with dining, a bar, and bathrooms. Our design featured modifications to the 8th floor kitchen facilities, dining room, lounge, conference rooms, and offices. An expansion of the fourth-floor fitness room doubled the club’s size to 14,000 square feet. Our design completed the fitness center with a sauna, steam rooms, and multiple corridor upgrades. The elevators also underwent a complete renovation that included the relocation of an elevator motor. Our design also included a new ADA entrance on the ground floor, and our engineering services enabled multiple HVAC upgrades throughout the building.
Our team’s design work helped this client successfully renovate one of the oldest executive clubs in Chicago, allowing it to continue its 140 years of world-class services to its members. Customers can now enjoy the updated amenities the club offers, including unobstructed views of Grant Park and the lakefront from the club’s new rooftop terrace.