Bulley & Andrews
Salas O’Brien delivered engineering and technology design services for a new, Illinois-based corporate headquarters for Bulley & Andrews.
The Bulley & Andrews Construction Firm was founded in 1891 and has since evolved into a leading regional and national construction company. This company is headquartered in Chicago and is geographically situated and experienced to meet every scope of their clients’ needs with the best service and products, regardless of tight timelines. With Bulley & Andrews, clients’ visions and motivations are always met with the highest degree of responsibility, attention, and dedication.
Bulley & Andrews had been housing all of their employees in four separate facilities, and they wanted to construct a new headquarters to expand their corporate offices and make it possible to have all their corporate employees under one roof. In addition to the space requirements for the growing company, our client wanted the new building to incorporate a mixture of sustainable design features while also staying true to the building’s historic roots.
Salas O’Brien solved the problem by designing full mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering systems as well as low voltage technology for the client’s new, four-story, 39,000-square-foot office building. The facility’s new layout featured a number of workstations with standing desks, an employee lounge, a BIM coordination room, a rooftop terrace, meeting spaces equipped with the latest technology, and several breakout areas. Our design incorporated our client’s desire for sustainable design features by including a green roof and daylight harvesting.
Our team’s engineering and technology design services on this new headquarters building has empowered the business to pursue LEED certification. Thanks to our team’s design, the company now houses hundreds of employees under the same roof, effectively fostering collaboration and teamwork.